Saturday, July 20, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes


I love to bake! Call me crazy, but I love the act of baking more so than actually eating what I've baked. I know, I know. I'm a nutcase. Fortunately, my husband's office, and my neighborhood, are full of willing taste testers for my baking experiments.

We had Grayson's 3rd birthday party last weekend (pictures coming soon!) and I was on the hunt for the perfect cupcake for his party.  I began 'practicing' a few weeks before so that I could have the cupcake perfected in time for all of the hungry guests. Luckily, I got it on the first try.

Warning: Do not make these cupcakes unless you have about 23 people around to share them with. They. Are. That. Good. But, as you can see by my Paula Deenesque use of butter, they are not good for you.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes


Ingredients:

Cupcake:
1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Box Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
4 Eggs
1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 stick butter (softened)
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Frosting Recipe:
3 stick installed butter; softened
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 pounds confectioners sugar
3 Tablepoons milk
3 Tablespoons vanilla coffee creamer

Cookie Dough:
I used one bag of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip cookie dough and followed the directions on the bag. Trust me! After making this icing and these cupcakes, homemade cookie dough is the last thing you are worrying about. 

Directions for the cupcakes.

Before you start baking, let all of your ingredients come to room temperature. 
(While you are doing this, line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners. You will need 24).

Preheat oven to 350. 

In a stand mixer (or large bowl with a hand mixer) combine combine all of ingredients for the cupcake batter. (I do dry ingredients followed by wet ingredients). Beat on medium speed for about 2-2 1\2 minutes. Note: This batter will be MUCH, MUCH, thicker than regular box cake batter if you usually bake with that.

Fill each cupcake liner about 1\3 of the way full. Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate chip cookie dough. Add enough cake batter on top of the cookie dough to completely cover it. (Should be around 2\3 of the way full). 

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 

Let the cupcakes cool on a wire baking rack for about 10 minutes before you ice them.

Icing Directions:

Cream butter together with vanilla and coffee creamer. Slowly add confectioners sugar and milk, alternating, until your icing reaches the desired taste and consistency. 
**Note: I usually have to add more milk.**

I use the rest of the cookie dough to make a garnish. Spoon a teaspoon of cookie dough onto a baking sheet (should have enough to make 24) and bake at 350 for about 7-8 minutes. The final product should look something like this!








No comments:

Post a Comment